“Our personal history with this city spans over two decades. It is the city where we began our journey as a married couple; where we returned to the Lord and received the call into the ministry; where we experienced a community-wide revival under Administrative Bishop Ray Garner; and where our first child, Gabriel, was born.
Brunswick has always held a special place in our hearts. We have always known there was a community impacting vision and mantel still open here. In 1998 at a service in Brunswick, a man of God said as he was coming into the city in the spirit, “the city limit sign read Burning-wick not Brunswick.” In June 2011, we felt the call of the Lord to return to our spiritual birth place and begin a new work.
On August 31, 2011 we relocated to Brunswick to plant a church and build a local team to speak and declare life through the love of God in this community.”
– Pastor Jamie Jackson
Where we’ve been:
After being an integral part of a powerful youth ministry in South Georgia for 15 years. God chose for our family to make a radical change in our lives and brought us to Athens, Georgia. From 2005—2009, the Remnant’s innovative ministry connected with that university town through relevant worship and the spoken word, discipleship and outreach. From 2009—Summer 2011, our family and worship team traveled as a unique mobile ministry joining with local churches and their vision to minister restoration, establishing hope in Christ through revival and outreach meetings.
Where we are:
Our vision for the city of Brunswick and the church plant, Remnant:Brunswick.
- To raise up a culture of people that SPEAK LIFE and LOVE WELL
- To create a community of people who through Life Groups will disciple their community with the Word of God
- To evangelize a city for a Remnant who are lost and discover Jesus who is relevant in their lives
- To witness more than a revival but a movement of God’s Spirit, that THIS city, BRUNSWICK, might become a place of refuge for ones to run
- To join with local pastors and kingdom leaders bringing unity to the Body of Christ so that trust and honor can be restored
- To transform a city and shift the atmosphere through prayer with the heart of night and day worship and intercession
Who we are:
The Remnant—radically committed to calling the arising army to this last day movement: ones whose hearts have been changed by God that diligently run in passionate pursuit toward Him. We are a cause with unshakable faith and integrity intact whose love of truth requires a profound commitment to the purpose of God. A people who have escaped this world so that they can be found by God. We are an emerging army calling out the destiny in todays generation.