OUR VISION & MISSION
Our mission statement:
Calling all generations to a real relationship with Christ through relevant worship and the spoken word while restoring the remnant to a deeper revelation of the OneThing needed.
Our vision for the city of Brunswick and the church.
To raise up a culture of people that SPEAK LIFE and LOVE WELL
- To create a community of people who through Life Groups will disciple their community with the Word of God
- To evangelize a city for a Remnant who are lost and discover Jesus who is relevant in their lives
- To witness more than a revival but a movement of God’s Spirit, that THIS city, BRUNSWICK, might become a place of refuge for ones to run
- To join with local pastors and kingdom leaders bringing unity to the Body of Christ so that trust and honor can be restored
- To transform a city and shift the atmosphere through prayer with the heart of night and day worship and intercession
To restore foundations which shall continue for all generations yet to come. To do good which shall be of lasting consequence. (Amos 9:11,12) To rebuild the breach, the breach made by the enemy in the wall of a besieged city. (Isaiah 61:1-4) To receive revelation of worship to the one true God. (Ephesians 1:17) To be relevant to a generation looking for something real with lasting consequences. (Matthew 4:17) To lead others to the love of God even in our weakness while discipling them in the Word of God. (Ephesians 3:8-12) To be chosen for the purpose of God with like passions and eyes that are fixed on the one thing needed, a heart fully wasted on Him. (Luke 10:42) We are the remnant, a people of destiny. (Zechariah 8:12)
- Remnant – Zechariah 8:12 One thing remains… one who escapes so they may be found… the ones who survived so that life may go on…A heart changed by God that diligently runs in passionate pursuit toward Him. We are a cause with unshakable integrity whose love of truth requires radical commitment to the purpose of God. We are a last day movement, an emerging army whose destiny lies in today’s generation.
- Restore – Malachi 4:5,6 To minister restoration to every broken-hearted, wounded believer while re-establishing hope in Christ to the fatherless sons and daughters. For all the abused and rejected to know the love of the Father and the wounded Shepherds and Pastors to experience the intimate love of our heavenly Father while finding shelter and rest in His presence.
- Rebuild – Isaiah 61:4 To rebuild diminishing, broken and hopeless relationships, families, and cities and rebuilding them by setting a firm foundation in the knowledge and true joy of Jesus Christ.
- Discipleship– Ephesians 3:8-12
Cultivating relationships with others while living life together in pursuit of the heart of God. The relentless chase of this generation’s heart, so they may be rooted and established in love to grasp the height, depth, and width of God’s love towards us. Leading each person to their eternal purpose to stand unaccused before the throne of God with confidence and the knowledge of his love towards us even in our weakness.
- Relevant – Matthew 4:17 The Kingdom of God is at hand – current – relevant – in the present tense. There is a place where the ageless gospel message becomes a reality of the Hope and Love of God. We are created to be passion driven where our life’s dreams and desires are one with our desire for HIM.
- Revelation– Ephesians 1:17
Revelation of who God is:
- Lover- God desires our time and an intimate relationship with Him
- Daddy- God desires to be our provider, our encourager and our helper
- Compassionate and Merciful
- Revelation of the Onething needed – Worship- The reason we were created. It’s also the greatest way to show our love for God.
- Revelation of the Lost – Revelation of a people searching for God, but only finding counterfeits. We need not get caught in our own lives, but remember our calling to bear fruit.
What We Believe
God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are coequal and are one God. ( Genesis 1:1,26,27 , 3:22 ; Psalm 90:2 ; Matthew 28:19 ; 1 Peter 1:2 ; 2 Corinthians 13:14 )
About Jesus Christ:
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is coequal with the Father and Holy Spirit. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven and will return again someday to earth to reign as King. ( Matthew 1:22,23 ; Isaiah 9:6 ; John 1:1-5 , 14:10-30 ; Hebrews 4:14-15 ; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 ; Romans 1:3-4 ; Acts 1:9-11 ; 1 Timothy 6:14-15 ; Titus 2:13 )
About the Holy Spirit:
The Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer spiritual gifts when they are saved. As Christians we seek to live under His control daily. We believe in the post-salvation experience of Spirit Baptism which is evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Spirit enables us. We believe the church should operate in the fullness of the Spirit as the first century church did in the book of Acts. ( Acts 1:8; 2, 4, 8, 10, 19 ; 2 Corinthians 3:17 ; John 16:7-13 , 14:16-17 ; Galatians 5:25 ; 1 Corinthians 2:12 , 3:16 ; Ephesians 1:13 , 5:18 )
About the Bible:
The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs about living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without error. ( 2 Timothy 3:16 , 1:13 ; 2 Peter 1:20-21 ; Psalm 119:105 , 160 , 12:6 ; Proverbs 30:5 )
Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. ( Romans 6:23 ; Ephesians 2:8-9 ; John 14:6 , 1:2 ; Titus 3:5 ; Galatians 3:26 ; Romans 5:1 , 10:9-10 )
People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence. ( John 3:16 , 14:17 ; Romans 6:23 , 8:17-18 ; Revelation 20:15 ; 1 Corinthians 2:7-9 )
In ALL we believe, we show the love of God. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. (I Corinthians 13:2 NIV).